I have found in the past that reading challenges help me focus my reading, although some of them don't present much of a challenge because they simply indicate my reading interests.
Some of the challenges are external to this blog while others are hosted here or on a blog that I manage.
In practical terms I do allow some challenges to overlap, that is, most books will appear in more than one challenge.
In addition many of the challenges are simply continuations of challenges I took on last year, although there are a couple of new ones.
Last updated 29 December 2016
2016 Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge: aiming for 135, currently: 118 (137 in last 3 years)
- 2016 Good Reads Reading Challenge. I have set my challenge at 135. Currently: 118
- Agatha Christie Reading Challenge Completed in 2014
- 2016 Global Reading Challenge currently 16/21- site still to be created
- USA Fiction Challenge So far 21/51
- 2016 Aussie Author reading challenge aiming for 20: Currently 29. - Completed
- 2016 Australian Women Writers Challenge aiming for 20. Currently 18
- British Books Challenge 2016 currently 49
- Vintage Cover Scavenger Hunt currently 18
- 2016 Ebook Reading Challenge currently 56
- New to me authors - a personal challenge currently 59
- Not crime fiction - a personal challenge currently 8
- Nordic reading challenge - a personal challenge unless I find an "official" one, currently 11
- New Zealand reading challenge - again a personal challenge unless I can find someone hosting an "official" one. currently 1
- Translated crime fiction - a personal challenge that will overlap with many of the other reading challenges that I have undertaken. currently 20
- Snagged at the Library currently: 38
- 2016 Mt TBR reading challenge. currently: 1 (Aiming for 12 at least)
- 2016 Historical Reading Challenge. Currently: 6
- Crime Fiction of the Year Challenge @ Past Offences - a monthly challenge. Each month features a particular year of publication: Currently: 4
- Good Reads - January - The Brand New Challenge currently: 5/3 read